Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer is a standard recipe in our home. I have been making this tasty crescent roll pizza for years! Why? Because it is delicious, easy, and it is a recipe that needs to be made ahead.
You all know that I am all about entertaining and you all know that I absolutely 100% believe in prepping as much, if not all, of food ahead of time. Well, I love to entertain because I love a great party. But it is no party to be stuck in the kitchen while everyone else is enjoying themselves. Nope. I always prep as much ahead as possible.
Which is why this tasty gem of an appetizer has become an entertaining mainstay in our home. In fact, if you have ever been over – I am sure that you have enjoyed my Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer. I made up a platter for a teacher potluck last week at school, and a colleague commented that she knew that was my contribution since she recognized if from a gathering at my home last summer.
This Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer has the classic veggie dipped in Ranch dressing flavor all kids and adults enjoy combined with butteriness of the crescent rolls. It has the crunchy sweetness of the chopped veggies combined with the creaminess of the cream cheese. What is not to love about all of that? Oh, that’s right – it needs to be prepared ahead of time. Yes, this is the perfect appetizer to add to your repertoire of entertaining recipes.
Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer Recipe
- 2 (8oz.) crescent seamless dough sheets (or crescent rolls – just pinch together more)
- 2 (8 oz. ) packages of cream cheese – softened
- 1 package dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 3/4 – 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1/2 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out crescent dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch together the two seams and press up sides to form crust.
- Bake for 13 – 17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Prepare vegetables.
- Blend together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and package of ranch dressing until smooth and no cream cheese clumps remain.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Top with chopped vegetables.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- With parchment paper carefully press cheese and vegetables into cream cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove from fridge, cut and serve.
I always make this one day ahead. It keeps perfectly well in the refrigerator.
My friends at Sunday Supper have rounded up lots of creative and yummy pizza recipes in honor of National Pizza Month. Yes, pizza is so loved around the world that there is one whole month devoted to it! Thank you to Coleen Hill of The Red Headed Baker and Cricket of Cricket’s Confections for hosting this week’s event. I know that you will find wonderful recipes from all of these amazing chefs.
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.