Healthy snacking is a must in my day. I need a mid morning and late afternoon snack to get me through my days. So whether you want to debate if snacking is a good or bad-for-you habit, I know that I need to plan healthy snacks into my day. Here is a list of my go-to WW Freestyle snacks that I keep handy. I have snacks that are healthy (mostly), low-points, easy to pack, and ones that satiate my cravings of sweet, crunchy, salty, and savory.
My Go-To WW Freestyle Snacks
Sweet Snacks – My go-to here is fruit, plus most all fruits are zero points
- Frozen grapes
Crunchy Snacks – Like fruit, most veggies are zero points
- Light plain popcorn (2 cups = 2 points)
- Almonds (10 almonds = 2 points)
- Red Bell Pepper Strips
- Carrots and celery
- Pretzels (12 minis = 2 points)
- Turkey jerky (1 oz = 2points)
- Mini Babybel Light Cheese (1 point each)
- Hummus (2 tablespoons= 2 points) with veggies
- Plain Greek yogurt and berries (zero points)
Chocolatey – Yes, there are times that I really need a bit of chocolate!
- Pure Protein Bars (These are five points each. As a snack, I cut one into thirds and enjoy the three pieces separately making it a lower point chocolatey snack.)
- Chocolate-Banana Bread Muffins (2 points)
- Sugar-Free chocolate pudding cups (2 points)
- Chocolate Kisses (1 point each)
So yes, for me there are lots of healthy snacking items that can become part of our every day eating plan. If you are a snacker – there really is no reason that you can’t snack and keep your daily WW Freestyle points in check. It is just a matter of choosing healthier for you snacks. Ones that add nutrients and color (think fruits and veggies) to your daily meal plans.
What are some of your go-to WW Freestyle snacks? Share your ideas in the comment section.