I love to gather with friends and family, and as with most gatherings, food is at the center! There is no reason why the food we share with others cannot be delicious, healthy, and for us point trackers, low points. So don’t shy away from parties. Just make sure that there are yummy options to enjoy. This delicious deviled egg WW Freestyle recipe is a perfect make ahead, bring to share, party appetizer. Plus it is a zero point food!
In fact a made a batch of these to take to a Super Bowl party, and they were gobbled right up. I had mentioned that they were a zero point food at the party. My friends all know that I count points, and after seeing my weight loss, will often ask me how many points a food might be. That is a common conversation at work 🙂 but back to the Super Bowl party. A friend asked how can they be zero points with mayo in them? Easy, this is a mayonnaise free recipe. The mayo is swapped out and replaced with fat-free Greek yogurt. The addition of dill and capers gives it some zing! A totally tasty, creamy appetizer.
Delicious Deviled Eggs WW Freestyle Recipe
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Dill, chopped – plus a few springs for garnish
- 1 Teaspoon shallots, minced
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Capers
- Slice eggs in half (length wise) and remove yolks.
- Set aside egg whites.
- In a bowl, mash egg yolks with Greek yogurt.
- Add in mustard, salt and pepper
- Stir in capers and shallots.
- Fill each egg white with yolk mixture. I typically pipe the filling, but spooning it works fine as well.
- Garnish with fresh springs of dill and a sprinkle of pepper.
Do you have any favorite zero or low point party foods? I’d love to hear!