I’ve done it! Yesterday I reached my goal weight! It’s been seven months in the coming – seven months of making better food choices and learning a healthier way of eating with Weight Watchers Freestyle Program. While it has been slow, I averaged a weight loss of three pounds a month, it has not been hard. Honestly, it has been surprisingly easy. One of the keys to my success is having healthy and low point foods on hand. Stocking your kitchen for successful weight loss is an important step not to be skipped. My kitchen staples have changed over the past seven months, and knowing what to stock my kitchen with makes grocery shopping that much easier.
Stocking your Kitchen for Successful Weight Loss
In the Pantry
- Canned Tuna packed in water
- Canned Chicken
- La Tortilla Factory Light Tortillas
- Bread, Sara Lee 45 and Nature’s Own Sugar Free are my low point choices
- Flatout Light Flatbread
- Pure Protein Bars – These are five points and serve me well when I am low on time and hungry. It’s an easy grab-and-go bite to eat.
- Canned Corn
- Beans, all kinds
- Soups – I have about three favorites that are low points. But all soups are not equal, be sure to scan for points!
- Kashi Go Lean
- PB2 – powdered peanut butter found in the peanut butter aisle
- Pam cooking sprays
In the Fridge
- Precooked Chicken Breast (purchased or cooked at home)
- Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- Assorted vegetables – Carrots, red bell peppers, and cucumbers are my favorites to enjoy as a snack.
- Fresh Fruit
- Babybel Light Cheese – the blue ones are one point each which means I can still enjoy cheese! I eat these whole but also grated them on salads, eggs, and tuna melts.
- String cheese, Light
- Deli Meat
- Fresh Fish
- Ground Turkey, Low Fat
- Riced Caulifower
- Salad Dressings – Just like soups, scan for low points.
- Mixed Greens
- Kraft Olive Oil Mayo
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray
In the Freezer
- Frozen Mixed Berries
- Assorted Veggies
- Frozen Fish
- Grapes for snacking
- Kodiak Dark Chocolate Protein Waffles
- Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bars
- Halo Top Ice Cream
Sometimes time is short and hunger is gnawing at your tummy, when this happens you really need to be able to satisfy your body with something nutritious, low point, and fast. Stocking your kitchen for successful weight loss allows you to always have the staples needed to create fast, scrumptious, and easy meals. Check out some of my go-to low point breakfasts choices at Seven Weight Watchers Freestyle Breakfast Ideas.
Just click here for a printable list to help you with your shopping: Stocking your Kitchen for Successful Weight Loss – Positively Stacey
Thanks! I printed your list to keep in my purse. Very helpful…
You’re welcome! It always feels good to know that I have low point choices on hand.
Thank you, Stace! This blog was incredibly helpful. I’m going shopping today, and am confident I’ll find success. It’s just perfect – everything I need for success. Thank you, again!
Costco has the best prices on the Pure Protein Bars and the big bags of Babybel Light!