My Moroccan Orange Cake Topped with Citrus Fruit cannot stand alone. Oh no! Before we enjoyed the moist and lightly citrusy flavor of the orange cake and the sweet and tangy citrus salad my friends and I enjoyed this flavorful – I mean so many wonderful flavors doing the happy dance in your mouth – Moroccan chicken.
Just look how beautiful these chicken breast cooked up! All that color comes from the mixture of seasonings that the chicken breast is marinated in. Delicious!
This flavor is a combination of paprika, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper along with the cilantro, parsley, and green onions. It is so easy to whip up the marinade in a food processor or blender.
Then all you need to do is let it set a bit so that the chicken can absorb and take in all of the wonderful flavors. The longer you can let it marinate, the more of the wonderful flavors are able to set within the chicken. How gorgeous is this marinade?!? Look at the richness of the colors – you just know that it is bursting with flavor! Yum!
Then once it is marinated all you need to do is simply grill it up! Or in my case, get out the wonderful grill pan and cook it up right on the stove. One of the wonderful aspects of any marinated meat is that you fully prep the meat ahead of time. This makes it a perfect menu item for entertaining! It is so easy to fire up the grill and cook up the meat all the while enjoying your the conversations with friends and family.
This Moroccan chicken is easy enough for a family dinner and fancy enough for company. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Moroccan Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (white parts only)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine oil, green onions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper in a food processor or a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour the marinade into a large sealable bag and add the chicken breast. Fully cover chicken with the mixture and seal up bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag. Let the chicken set for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to two hours with marinade.
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium hot.
- Grill chicken breasts 5-7 minutes on each side, or until done.
Enjoy! More to come on our Midnight at the Oasis Party!
Recipe slightly adapted from Food.com