2014 is coming to an end! And in a few short days we will be ringing in 2015! Now that New Year’s is just around the corner, people nationwide are wondering what to expect in the coming year.
2. Rally for Renegades and Rebels
3. Flaunting Failure
4. Carryless Movement
5. No Strings Attached
6. Expanding “Next of Kin”
7. Give and Take of Privacy
8. Elusive Health
9. Escape Artist
10. Many Faces of Mobility
If you have an interest in people and understanding the trends of the future like I do, then be sure to check out Ford’s Looking Forward with Ford 2015 Trends. It is chock full of of information; it is a snapshot of who societies across the globe are right now.
Just a few tidbits from the report:
- “Mistakes aren’t a necessary evil. They aren’t evil at all.” – Ed Catmull, Pixar co-founder and author of Creativity, Inc., released in April 2014
- Percent of U.S. and U.K. consumers who made a payment using a mobile app in the last year: 26% of millennials 7% of adults ages 35+
- 37% of U.S. adults ages 18 to 25 in 2013 said they chose to rent a product rather than purchase it.
- 41% of U.S. babies are now born to unmarried mothers.
- Young people in China, particularly women, are renting boyfriends to appease nagging parents.