Have your ever perused the self-help aisle at the bookstore? There are simply oodles and oodles of books out there telling us all how to be a better version of ourselves. Well, I think there are lots of little things we can do every day that will helps us be a better human. To that end, here is my list of a dozen ways to be a better human. They are in no particular order, and many of them that can be done today and everyday.
A Dozen Ways to Be a Better Human:
1. Return the grocery cart to the cart stand.
2. Hold open doors for others.
3. Look someone in the eye with a hello and a smile.
4. Say please and thank you.
5. Let that driver that needs to merge in front of you merge in.
6. Pick up that piece of litter – even if it’s not yours.
7. Clean up after your dog on your walks.
8. When angry count to ten before responding. Then count to ten again.
9. Call a friend.
10. Learn something new.
11. Volunteer your time to a cause you support.
12. Say a prayer for someone.
What would you add to this list?