Welcome spring! This last week the calendar ushered in a new season. While the weather is crazy in much of our country (our Tahoe mountains are expected more snow this coming week), it is still time to think about and ready ourselves for the warmer and longer days ahead. When thinking forward, It’s best to consider your mind first and foremost. Our successes begin with our thoughts. So today I’m talking about spring cleaning your mind.
When most people think of spring cleaning, they may have an image in their mind of family members gathering around with mops in their hands. That’s because spring is a good time to make your home and workspaces sparkling clean and clutter free.
However, there’s something else you should be paying attention to as well, and that’s keeping a clear and happy mindset.
If you find that you’re having trouble dealing with life’s stresses, and you need to sort out your thoughts, it will benefit you to use some of your spring cleaning time on yourself!
Spring Cleaning Your Mind
Try some of the following tips to reorganize your thoughts:
1. Get rid of anger. There are many negative emotions that you can eliminate during spring cleaning time, and anger is one of those emotions. You need to deal with it and then throw it away.
- Ensure you handle it effectively rather than hide it away. If you try to just push it away, it’ll just grow stronger and cause you more stress. Face your anger and make a plan to find solutions for your issues, or simply let go. It’s hard to move forward when you are stuck in anger.
2. Focus on forgiveness. Focus on forgiveness if you’re holding onto negative emotions. You may not feel that the person you need to forgive deserves it, but you deserve to finally be at peace. Think of it as doing something for yourself instead of letting someone off the hook. I wrote about my own journey with forgiveness after my divorce in The Power of Forgiveness.
3. Make a list of your dreams and goals. Just as you make a list of your chores during cleaning, make a list of some of your short term and long term dreams and goals. When you list them out on paper, it gives you something concrete to look at throughout the day.
- Post your list where you’ll see it often, and cross things off as you accomplish them. Take the time to create a new vision board for yourself.
4. Be open to new ideas. When you open yourself to new situations and ideas, you’ll bring a new freshness and more opportunities into your life. It might feel safe to stay closed off, but eventually you’ll feel that things have become stale.
5. Don’t be afraid to have fun. Spring cleaning for your home or mind doesn’t have to be a chore. With the right attitude, it can be fun to bring change into your life. It’s like getting a fresh start and you can focus on your new beginning.
6. Stop to enjoy life and nature. Learn to see the beauty in things that you’ve taken for granted. Take a walk and get some fresh air, or get up early one day to watch the sunrise. These things will give you new perspectives on life.
7. Focus on organization. Just like you would organize your house when it becomes too cluttered, take this opportunity to learn to organize your mind when it becomes cluttered too. Avoid letting jumbled thoughts overpower your thinking process. Learn to use a calm approach and deal with one situation at a time.
- Take some time out of each day to clear your mind. You can accomplish this through meditation, prayer, or anything that relaxes you.
Remember, you’re very important, and more important than those other things you clean every spring. Use these tips to spring clean your mind, and enjoy your new beginning free from stresses and negativity.
If you are looking for guidance and accountability to help you move forward, invest in yourself! Whatever your goal is you can make it happen. You have the power within you to create the beautiful life that you crave. A life that is authentically yours. A life where you know what you want (because you have done the work to get clarity), the tools to create it (because you have taken stock of your resources), and the savviness to go after it (because you have set your priorities and rid you life of chaos). I am here to help you! My course Moving Forward gives you the tools you need. You are only six weeks away to a newer and better version of you!
Six Weeks to a Newer, Better Version of You
Better health, more peace and balance, a career advancement, managed finances, an organized life, a dream vacation, better relationships – you name your goal, and this course will help you achieve your dreams.
Simply visit Create A Beautiful Life scroll to the bottom and click on Moving Forward. It’s really that easy!
I would love to help you achieve your goals!