One thing I really enjoy after a long day of work, is coming home and chopping vegetables. Whether I am making up a big pot of vegetable soup, tossing a green salad, or prepping vegetables to be roasted – I really enjoy the process of readying veggies. The colors, the freshness, and perhaps just the knowledge that I am nourishing my body with so many good-for-you nutrients, I find it very satisfying to be in my kitchen after a day of teaching chopping vegetables. That all being said – my Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower Salad is one of those soul satisfying recipes. It is not the fastest meal to make after a day at work – but the flavors, the aroma, the colors, and yes, even the prepping is very much worth every minute!
This Moroccan roasted cauliflower recipe is easy to make. It’s just that roasting vegetables is not a fast process. Believe me, I’m not trying to talk you out of making this recipe, it is very much worth the time! But as a working mom, I want you to be prepared. Go for it and try this one! Your whole kitchen will fill with the sweet aroma of roasted veggies.
Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- 1 Small head of cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Small butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 8 Carrots peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Chopped kale
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Juice of one large orange (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 Tbs tahini
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse quinoa and prepare according to package (I cook mine in a small rice cooker)
- Cover large cooking sheet with aluminum foil
- Layout cauliflower, carrots, and butternut squash onto the cooking sheet
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, coriander, and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of this spice mixture over the vegetables (The second half is used for the salad dressing)
- Rub the spice mixture, olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt onto the vegetables to help distribute the spices.
- Place cooking sheet into the oven and roast veggies for 40 minutes (until tender)
- Put the kale into a large salad bowl, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and using your fingers massage the kale until the kale leaves soften
- Add chickpeas, raisins, and cooked quinoa to the kale, toss to mix together
- In a small bowl whisk the orange juice, tahini, and remaining cumin, coriander, and cinnamon spice mixture to make the salad dressing
- To serve the salad, platter the kale mixture, top with the roasted veggies, and drizzle with the salad dressing on top
My Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower Salad is a beautiful presentation, and it is delicious! It is full of wonderful flavors. We enjoy this salad as a dinner in our home. It is hearty! If I was serving this to company, I would probably serve it alongside a roasted chicken.
My favorite rice cooker –
In full disclosure to all of my cooking friends – this post contains affiliate links. Which means should you choose to click on a link and purchase this product from Amazon, I will receive a very small percentage of the sale.