I just got home from a week in the woods! Being surrounded by nature during this time of year inspired me to create an autumn playlist that is perfect for fall.
These 24 songs are perfect to set the mood of cooler weather and the changing colors of nature. I have enjoyed playing this Autumn Playlist in my home as I unpack all of the boxes that are stacked high in my home. So while I may be stuck indoors this week getting my house put together after our big move, I can reminisce about the outdoors.
After our move last weekend, I headed to Science Camp with my students. Spending a week in the Santa Cruz Mountains with my sixth graders is always a great way to experience autumn, and it was a nice escape from my mountains of boxes!
We plan our trip for the fall every year because the weather is generally perfect for spending days outdoors. It’s not too hot and not too cold. Really – one of the best ways to enjoy autumn is to get outdoors and hike, and exploring nature is what science camp is all about for my students and me!
This list of songs is a perfect complement to the season! Find the list on my Spotify Account by clicking HERE.
- Cloudy – Simon and Garfunkle
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Change – Blind Melon
- Looking at the Rain – John McLachlan
- Moonshadow – Cat Stevens
- Paris in the Rain – Lauv
- Autumn Leaves – Ed Sheeran
- Season of the Witch – Donovan
- Autumn Almanac – The Kinks
- Into The Mystic – Van Morrison
- Autumn Sweater – Yo La Tengo
- Mandolin Wind – Rod Stewart
- Harvest Moon – Neil Young
- Back to Autumn – Tall Heights
- House of the Rising Sun – Cat Stevens
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Here Comes the Rain Again – Eurythmics
- All of the Stars – Ed Sheeran
- October Road – James Taylor
- Falling in Love at a Coffee shop – Landon Pigg
- Let it Go – James Bay
- October Song – Amy Winehouse
- Wake Me When September Ends – Green Day
- Sunday Morning – Maroon five