This is such a fast and easy dinner – perfect to feed your little ghosts and goblins for dinner before they head out the door for trick-or-treating. And you gotta’ admit – they are pretty darn cute! My goblins gobbled them up and asked me to make another batch.
Mummy Wrapped Hot Dogs and Witch’s Brew Pea Soup
- Package Crescent Rolls
- Hot Dogs
- Ready-Made Split Pea Soup
- Ketchup and Mustard (Optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spay baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Roll out crescent rolls, pinching seams together.
- With a pizza cutter or knife cut crescent roll dough into long strips. I had seven hot dogs, so I cut my dough into 14 strips – giving me two strips per hot dog.
- Wrap each hot dog with two strips of dough. Be sure to leave an area for the mummy’s eyes.
- Don’t over think how you wrap the hot dogs. Wrap them tight or leave a few openings like I did. When it comes to making cute and fun food for little ones – they are easily impressed. They will enjoy the mummy wrapped hot dogs, no matter they style or look of the wrapping.
- Bake in oven for 16 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Meanwhile heat soup in microwave or on stove top.
- Serve steaming cups of soup alongside mummy wrapped hot dogs and enjoy!
Really, how easy was that! While I simply dapped mustard on for eyes, my youngest took it one step further and using a toothpick added red eye pupils to the mustard eyeballs.
Make it a party and add my No-Bake Oreo Batty Cheesecakes and Fanta Brain Freeze Floats
Here is a printable version of Mummy Wrapped Hot Dogs and Witch’s Brew Pea Soup for you: