Have you ever had a Skip and Go Naked? This sweet lemony drink is seriously refreshing and the perfect poolside or lakeside (just make that waterside) libation.
I love this drink for a few reasons – first, just look at how fun it is. Seriously? Have you ever seen something so pink and frothy? Totally appealing! Second – three ingredients. Well four, if you count the ice. That’s it though. Just three ingredients and a blender of ice and you will have this sweet and slushy drink ready to sip away. The third bit of greatness? That would be it’s a cocktail! Perfect for your next waterside party. Time to party on…
I’m not even going to tell you the first time that I sipped one of these lemony sweet drinks, but I will tell you that I have enjoyed many of these sitting by the pool overlooking Lake Tahoe summer after summer. Like I said – it is the perfect waterside cocktail.
OK, sitting by water is not reeeally required. It is just such a refreshing cocktail that it is an excellent drink for a hot day. They are perfect for those hot and lazy days were you are enjoying the sun and the only item on your to-do list is to enjoy. Think of that icy cold lemonade you enjoyed as a kid after racing your bicycle through the neighborhood. This is a grown-up version of that thirst quenching lemonade that goes down so smooth and easy that you do not even realize that the glass has been emptied.
Just remember – these are called Skip and Go Naked for a reason 🙂 Yes, they are strong and they go down oh-so easy.
Skip and Go Naked Recipe
Makes two blenders full
- 1 can frozen Raspberry Lemonade (Pink Lemonade works just as well – I just prefer the raspberry version)
- 1 bottle of light beer
- 1/2 to 1 full can (using the frozen lemonade can) of vodka
- Ice to blend
- Blend together frozen lemonade concentrate, beer, and vodka.
- Pour half of drink mix into a separate pitcher.
- Add ice to the remaining drink mix in the blender and blend until frothy.
- Serve. Garnishing with fruit slices, mini umbrellas, fresh raspberries, plastic flamingos, fun straws etc. is totally optional, but I highly recommend it!
- Make a second batch with the remaining mix. Just return remaining mix to blender, fill with ice, and blend. You now have a second batch to share with your friends.
Important to note – This drink is completely adaptable. I use 1/2 can of vodka, but I have friends that use a whole can. I also have friends that make only one blender’s worth of drinks with these ingredients. That is a bit too sweet for me. So try it out and get the right combination of ice and vodka for you.
I can promise you one thing – If you show up at the pool with a blender of Skip and Go Nakeds – you will have friends lining up to get their fill! Making that second batch ready to blend a good thing, they go down fast and easy. Just like a summer cocktail should!
My Sunday Supper friends are enjoying the warm summer weather all across this beautiful country of ours, and they are here today to share some of their favorite simple mixed drinks for a refreshing summer. I know there are quite a few drinks on the list below that I must try! Seriously. Must. Try.
Here are some of the best summer drink recipes around – recipes for Classics with a Twist, Mocktails, Simply Different, Tasty and Tropical, and Very Vino. There are so many fun and delicious ways to party this summer. Check them out. Thank you to Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure and Cricket of Cricket’s Confections for hosting this event!
Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer
Sunday Supper Simple Mixed Drink Recipes
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.