We absolutely love these cookies! My friend Lynda makes large, I mean really large, versions of these cookies. Whenever she puts out a plate of them, they are snapped up right away! I have been making these cookies now for a few years, and like hers they have become the most requested cookies come the holiday season. I do not make mine as large as hers, simply because I would eat too much! But not to worry, whether you make them extra large, regular sized, or even mini, they are always yummy to the max.
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
1. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt).
3. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated into mix.
5. Gradually add dry mixture, fully incorporating each batch until all of the dry mixture is mixed in.
6. Shape into balls and roll in sugar.
8. Bake ar 350 degrees for 9 − 11 minutes.
Once cookies are fully cooled, dip in white chocolate. That is if you are not already eating them up! They are great without the white chocolate dip, but the dip just seems to make them a bit extra special for the holidays. I always leave some plain as two of the six kids prefer them without the white chocolate.Melt white chocolate chips over very low heat or melt in microwave. Stir often! Add 1 tablespoon shortening if desired to help chocolate stay creamy. I add about 1/2 teaspoon per small bowl of white chocolate. See bowl below. Dip cookies part way.