This Sweet potato casserole is simply divine! This recipe comes from my husband and is our most requested Thanksgiving dinner recipe. Dee-vine! It is creamy, and sweet, with the richness of sweet potatoes. With the crunchy pecan topping it is like eating dessert! You can never make too much of this – it gets gobbled up quickly!
The recipe is simple and easy to put together. Gavin will be making this dish Thursday morning. We are headed to his sister’s home for Thanksgiving and at her request, we are in charge of bringing the pies and this sweet potato casserole. I can’t wait to see everyone and share our holiday together!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (boil potatoes until fork tender. when mashed slightly you need three cups worth)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter – softened
- 2 eggs – slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease baking dish with butter
- Combine first five ingredients (sweet potato ingredients) into a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until mixed well.
- Pour into a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Mix topping and sprinkle on top of potato mixture.
Bake 25 minutes.
And if you are looking for some good old russet potatoes mixed with butter and cream cheese – try these! Oh, what is not to love!
Set up serving tables (without food) and set the dinner table the day before!