This salad is so delicious that I just licked my bowl! Honest truth! No one was looking, and I was not going to leave behind any bits of crumbled feta, basil or orzo that stuck to the sides of my bowl. You don’t need to worry about the watermelon since that scoops up nice and tidy with a spoon, but the other bits need a little help making sure they don’t get left behind. Seriously, if I wasn’t taking this to a friend’s house later, I would sit and eat the whole bowl!
When my friends at Sunday Supper said, “Let’s do orzo!” I knew it was time to share this delicious and refreshing orzo salad with watermelon and feta. It is super easy and fast to put together, tastes divine, and is completely Weight Watchers friendly. At only Five Freestyle Points a serving – this recipe is a keeper!
Orzo Salad with Watermelon and Feta
Makes six servings
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh seedless watermelon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbles
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In large stock pot bring salted water to boil.
- Stir in orzo and return the water to a boil. Continue cooking for 8 – 9 minutes or according to package.
- Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Drain completely.
- Toss cooled orzo with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Once those ingredients are fully combined, fold in the watermelon and then the fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
Seriously how easy is that?! I admit I started with a package of precut fresh watermelon so the whole preparing time (counting the time to boil the water) took no longer than 20 minutes tops!
Well my friend’s at Sunday Supper are sharing their favorite orzo recipes today, so be sure to check out what they have in store for you. There are more scrumptious recipes for you to explore. Thank you to Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure for hosting this event!
Orzo Pasta Recipes
- Beef with Onion Gravy Orzo by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Chicken by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pot Italian Sausage Orzo with Spinach by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orzo Risotto with Asparagus and Shrimp by Delaware Girl Eats
- Orzo Salad with Watermelon and Feta by Positively Stacey
- Elegant Orzo Shrimp & Vegetable Salad Stuffed Avocados by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Orzo with Provencal Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Rice Pilaf Amandine by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Orzo, Mozzarella and Basil by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Southwestern Orzo by The Freshman Cook
- Stovetop Orzo Macaroni and Cheese by Pies and Plots
- Summer Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad by My Fearless Kitchen
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.