We have really been experiencing springtime weather here. One day it is warm and sunny – I am wearing a skirt and sandals to work – and then the very next day it is cold, windy, and rainy, and I am then pulling on my boots and sweater. My wardrobe is getting a workout while I try to figure out the weather of the day! This chili recipe is perfect when you want a warm bowl of deliciousness for dinner.
I discovered this chili recipe a while back. It has been slightly adapted from Haylie Pomroy’s The Fast Metabolism Diet, and it has become my go-to chili recipe! It is easy, healthy, and oh-so yummy! Just look at all the colorful and filling ingredients! So filling!
Haylie’s recipe uses a slow cooker, and I am sure that would make it even easier. I just am not a huge slow cooker user. Really, I am not sure why – I just have never really gotten into the habit. I love my slow cooker, but I primarily use it for entertaining, keeping soups and dips warm.
This chili recipe is fast to put together and cooks up really well in a big stock pot. The recipe makes lots! Which is perfect for this large family.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 15 – ounces can white beans
- 15 – ounces can kidney beans
- 15 – ounces can black beans
- 15 – ounces can pinto beans
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 4 cups (32 ounces) organic bell pepper – tomato soup
- 1 heaping teaspoon sea salt
- In a large stock pot, brown ground turkey, drain fat if needed.
- Add onion, parsley, chili powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes to the pot. stir, cover, and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add beans (partially drained – keep some liquid to make chili a little juicy), zucchini, and soup to the stock pot. Stir well and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Add salt just before serving.
This recipe is a keeper! My Chili-Cheese Cornbread would go soooo well with this chili. That is if you are not following the Fast Metabolism Diet.