Getting together with friends for dinner should never be stressful! Really! So when a friend recently texted about six of us going out for dinner I said, Yes! but let’s have dinner at my place. You see, two of my kids were home, and I thought an evening at home would be a lot more fun. But who needs more stress? No one! Dinner was simple. Everyone helped, and we had a great time visiting, eating, and playing Taboo.
An Easy Winter Dinner Menu
- Cocktail: Ginger Pear Martini
- Appetizer: Ask a friend to bring
- Crab: Clean and cracked if possible. Just ask at the meat counter. It takes them just a few minutes to prep.
- Melted Butter and Cocktail Sauce
- Baked Pasta: I picked up a chicken Alfredo already put together from Costco. A frozen lasagna works as well. When I have time, I make up a dish of Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables.
- Salad: Ask a friend to bring
- Bread: Pick up a tasty loaf from the bakery
- Dessert: Pass around a box of chocolates (I had leftover pie in the fridge that I served) and pour some dessert wine.