Oh wow! this salad was scrumptious! The perfect dinner after a long day at work. Putting this salad together was easy, but I admit I loved the time I spent plattering the salad to look beautiful. After work, it was a bit of therapy to put together not only a delicious, healthy meal but one that looked like a piece of art. The extra few minutes attending to the aesthetics was well worth it. Food is meant to feed not only your body but your soul as well. The taste and looks of this Greek Lemon-Dill Grilled Chicken salad did both for me.
Greek Lemon-Dill Grilled Chicken Salad
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cooking spray
- cleaned and chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 – 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers packed in water, sliced
- 1 cup English Cucumber, sliced and halved
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 1⁄2Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Combine water oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper In a small bowl, and whisk together.
- Remove 1/4 cup of dressing and reserve this to toss with your salad.
- Place remaining dressing into a large ziplock bag.
- Add chicken to ziplock bag and coat to marinate. Marinate chicken for up to eight hours in the refrigerator. I marinated my chicken for about 15 minutes – the amount of time it took me to prep the salad ingredients.
- When ready, heat skillet over medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade and discard bag. Cook chicken breast, turning as needed to brown and cook thoroughly, about 12 – 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let set for 3 minutes, covered.
- Stir dill into reserved dressing. Toss lettuce with half of the salad dressing and place lettuce onto platter.
- Arrange cucumbers, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, roasted red bell peppers, feta cheese, and olives onto bed of lettuce.
- Slice chicken breast and add chicken to the platter.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over all.
- Garnish with dill and lemon slices, optional.
Another favorite salad of mine is my taco salad. My taco salad is a standard go-to dinner in our home. Quick, easy, delicious, and healthy. One of my husband’s favorites!