Watermelon Jello shots are simply delicious and fun! This is a step above my standard jell0 shots in the portable cups and are prefect to serve at adult only parties. Believe me – your friends will love them making you very, very popular!
Putting the jello shots into the watermelon rind takes a bit more effort than pouring the jello into the plastic cups – but it is worth every extra moment!
This recipe is stronger than my others. I do put more vodka into this recipe. I also add unflavored gelatin to this recipe in addition to the boxed jello. This makes the jello extra firm and makes slicing the jello possible. Sliced watermelon jello shots are impressive! And easy to pick up and enjoy.
Sliced Watermelon Jello Shots Recipe
- 3 boxes (3 oz.) watermelon jello (My small melon took three boxes. If you have a large watermelon, you will need more.)
- 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin (from a 1 box (1 oz.) unflavored gelatin)
- 3 Cups boiling water
- 3 cups chilled vodka
- 1 watermelon
- Cut watermelon in half
- Begin scooping out watermelon – be careful as you get to the rind. Leave a ring of red watermelon – do not take it all the way to the white. I bite of fruit with the jello is yummy!
- Place paper towels in the bottom of a baking dish. This helps soak up any spilled gelatin as your transport the watermelon to the fridge. Then place the two halves in the best you can and stabilize. I used the empty jello boxes to help wedge the watermelon into place.
- Mix watermelon jello and unflavored gelatin together.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water and stir until throughly dissolved.
- Add three cups chilled vodka. If you want it less strong, try 2 cups chilled vodka and one cup cold water. Stir until throughly mixed.
- Carefully pour into watermelon halves. I filled mine to the brim, as the gelatin will recede a bit as it firms up. Not a problem though.
- Chill until set – about four hours.
- When ready to serve. Slice watermelon and enjoy!
Sooooooo good! Enjoy these sliced watermelon jello shots.