I made a batch of these bite sized beauties for work, and they were simply wonderful! Moist, flavorful, and insanely delicious! This recipe is eggless and dairy-free so this is perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions, and the flavor makes this recipe perfect for everyone. No one will even realize they are eating a vegan version of a traditional banana bread when they bit into one of these vegan banana bread mini-muffins. You’ll get banana in every bite!
I made mini-muffins because this was for the teachers and staff at my school. This recipe ended up making about 56 mini-muffins. If you want, you can also bake this as two loaves of banana bread. One to enjoy today, and one to freeze for later.
I topped some of my mini-muffins with dairy-free chocolate chips, some with chopped pecans, and I left others plain. This way, there was something for everyone!
Vegan Banana Bread Mini-Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 very ripe medium bananas, mashed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk yogurt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Optional: dairy-free chocolate, chopped pecans, raw sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper paper liners. If you are making loaves, prepare loaf pans with parchment paper and a light coat of cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, brown sugar, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold dry ingredients into the banana mixture a batch at a time. Continue folding in ingredients until the batter comes together. Be sure to scrap the bottom and side to mix throughly. The batter will be slightly lumpy and that is ok.
- Spoon batter into the liners – fill about 2/3 full. Loaves: Poor batter into the two prepared loaf pans.
- Optional – top with dairy-free chocolate, chopped pecans, or sparkle on some raw sugar.
- Bake mini-muffins in oven for 12- 14 minutes. Loaves bake for about 55-60 minutes. Both should pass the toothpick test. Insert toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.