This avocado based sauce mixed with bright herbs is simply delicious. It is full of vitamins, minerals, and heart-healthy unsaturated fats. I love topping my chicken and veggie-filled rice pilaf with a dollop of this sauce. You can use this sauce as a dessing, topping, or even dip. So much goodness found in this Green Goddess Avocado Sauce. Plus – this is sooooo super easy to make!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Simply place all ingredients into a food process and process until smooth. Scrape down sides of processor as needed to get it all mixed together and a smooth bright green sauce.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Can keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Just look at this scrumptious Green Goddess Avocado Sauce served alongside chicken breast, veggie-filled rice pilaf and a few slices of oranges. This whole meal is full of good for you nutrients and so much flavor!
While I used brown rice for the meal above, you could really up your veggie intake if you used my Cauliflower Fried “Rice” Recipe and then topped that with this beyond yummy avocado sauce!
Go ahead and whip up your own batch today and see how it adds a level of deliciousness to your meals.
Let me know what dish you think this sauce would be perfect with!
In full disclosure to all of my chef friends – this post contains affiliate links. Which means should you choose to click on a link and purchase any of these items from Amazon, I will receive a very small percentage of the sale.