1. I want to learn more about the business of blogging. I admit I started my blog on a whim over Christmas break when I had a bit of down time. I was sitting on the couch one day and decided that I needed a reason to write more. But this is a huge business, and I became intrigued almost immediately. There are a lot of avenues of income from blogging, and I want to explore the business side of this venture.
2. I want to hear Arianna Huffington speak. She is a keynote speaker, and I honestly just want to hear her take on blogging and business. The Huffington Post is one of if not the largest blog out there.
3. I want to meet other bloggers, and I want to find my tribe. A tribe is a group of bloggers that support and laugh with each other. I have found bloggers to be like triathletes. Really. The bloggers and the triathletes that I have met have always been the nicest and most help group of people around. These people encourage and mentor and support. I hope to find my tribe 🙂
4. I want to improve my writing. I am signed up for some writing workshops and hope to gain a bit (a lot) in this area.
5. I want to meet sponsors. I am trying to figure this hold sponsor thing out. So far so good! I have started making money with my blog – something that I want. But I also do not want it to take on a separate life. I want to find ways to monetize this blog that fits and fits well.
So I am packed and out the door this morning to learn, explore, meet and greet, be inspired, and have fun! It’s going to be a great weekend!