Oh my goodness! These green gems are simply delicious and yes, a bit addicting. The flavors of the already yummy green beans coated with the lightly nutty flavor of flax meal (a fantastic source of omega-3), salt, pepper, and avocado oil make these roasted green bean “fries” a healthy and scrumptious snack.
You most often see this recipe with regular green beans, but I had a bunch of the thin green beans, known as haricots, so that is what I used. Whichever green beans you use – you will be happy to add this recipe to your go-to snack options.
Plus only five ingredients!?! You can’t go wrong with that!
Roasted Green Bean “Fries”
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends snipped
- 3 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a medium bowl, toss and coat green beans with oil
- Sprinkle in flax meal, salt, and pepper. Continue to to toss until green beans are evenly coated.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle on any left over topping onto green beans.
- Bake until golden brown. Approximately 15-20 minutes, but begin checking around minute 12.
- Serve alone or with any favorite condiment. I like a little ketchup mixed with curry powder.
Seriously, is that not easy or what?!? Roasted green bean “fries” are a wonderful snack!