I love this easy appetizer that my friend Christine puts together! It is yummy, sweet, fast, and easy! So here I am sharing her secret with the world. I make this often when having guests over during the cooler months as the tastes complements fall and winter menus perfectly. Brie cheese and fall fruits – delicious! Really what is not to love!
Quoted from Christine…
I don’t do exact measurements, but it goes something like this:
- 1 cube of butter
- Brown sugar (probably about 1/2 a cup)
- Craisins – 1 handful…raisins can also be substituted
- Nuts – 1 handful…I usually use walnuts, but other nuts can be substituted
- 1 apple peeled and cut up–I prefer a sour granny smith but whatever apple you have will work
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Small splash of vanilla extract
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Throw it all in a saucepan and warm it up until it’s bubbly.
- Pour right over the round of brie
- Serve with butter crackers or whatever is your favorite!
Thanks, Christine! I love this recipe!