We love, love, love this chopped veggie salad dressing in our family. It has been a family favorite for close to two decades! I first had salad topped with this dressing at my aunt’s home in Florida, and she served it in a beautiful tall glass canister. I copied that idea from her as well.
It is such a pretty salad dressing that it should be able to shine in a beautiful glass serving dish! I actually bought this hand blown Simon Pearse vase one year at Gump’s in San Francisco specifically for this purpose. This vase is for my chopped veggie salad dressing only, and has not ever actually held flowers.
Another great attribute of this dressing – other than it tastes great, is that it needs to be made ahead of time. If you know how I work – I love to prep and prepare as much food ahead as possible. For that reason, this salad dressing often shows up on my party buffet tables. It is beautiful, you make it ahead, and it is delicious!
Oh – and it is super easy! Really!
Chopped Veggie Salad Dressing Recipe
- One head Cauliflower
- One head broccoli
- One small jar shopped black olives
- One small jar chopped red pimento
- 3 packages of Good Seasonings Italian Dressing (made according to package)
- Using a food processor finally chop cauliflower and broccoli.
- Place chopped veggies into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix pimento and chopped olives into chopped veggie mixture, set aside.
- Make up three packages of Good Seasonings Italian Dressing according to package.
- Fold dressing into veggie mixture. Store in a sealable container and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes. Can be stored overnight. Stir occasionally to keep dressing dispersed throughout veggie mixture.
- Before serving, let dressing sit at room temperature.
I simply place a mixture of lettuces in a large salad bowl and serve the dressing alongside. Guests can dish up their own lettuce and top with the Chopped Veggie Salad Dressing. It is easy and delicious!
We love this salad! Enjoy!
Here is the printable version: