Oh-la-la! Chocolate and Bailey’s – the perfect pair for a St. Patrick’s Day dessert! When I was thinking of a dessert for a St. Patrick’s Day dinner I immediately thought of Irish Cream! I love a glass of Bailey’s on the rocks for an after dinner dessert drink. Yum!
But rather than passing out a round of drinks, I thought it would be even better to mix some Bailey’s Irish cream right into a brownie mix and then top it off with even more Bailey’s in a bit of butter cream frosting.
Because I started with a brownie mix, these brownies were super easy! They were rich and decadent – just the way a good brownie ought to be. You really taste the Irish Cream in these Bailey’s Irish Cream Brownies recipe! Combined with the richness of chocolate – they are totally worth the calories!
Bailey’s Irish Cream Brownies Recipe
For the brownies
- 2 packages of brownie mix (I use Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme)
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
For the frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons Bailey’s Iris Cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 10 1/2×15 1/2-inch pan with non-stick baking spray. I used my Pampered Chef brownie pan.
- Place brownie mix into a large bowl. My mix came with a chocolate package so I added that in. Next beat in 1 cup of Irish cream liqueur, vegetable oil, and eggs until the mixture forms a smooth batter. It will be thick!
- Evenly spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely.
- You can see that my brownies sunk in the middle. Not to worry – the frosting covered up the dips. I also made a 9 x 9 pan of brownies – that pan of brownies did not suffer the sinking action.
For the Frosting:
- Beat unsalted butter in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add 5 tablespoons, 1 tablespoon at a time, of the Irish cream liqueur and beat until mixture is nice and creamy.
- Slowly beat in confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting is desired consistency
- Top brownies with frosting.
Absolutely delicious! If you love Bailey’s Irish Cream the way I do, you will love these brownies!