With six kids you can bet that we have had many epic sleepovers! Swimming, movies, pizza or tacos, and lots of fun snacks makes for a memorable night for the kids and their friends. Sleepovers are hands-down the best. For me, as a busy mom, I have always tried to keep it easy and fun. Giving kids the space to simply be with their friends and enjoy their time together is what a sleepover is all about.
My kids have always loved S’mores at sleepovers and campouts. Sometimes it is a traditional marshmallow on a stick roasting over a fire S’more. Sometimes it is S’mores pudding in a cup. Sometimes it is marshmallow cream and chocolate chips sandwiched between graham crackers, and sometimes it is a make your own bag of S’mores Snack Mix to munch on while curled up in the sleeping bag watching movies alongside their friends. Really there are so very many wonderful ways to enjoy S’mores!
This yummy S’mores Snack Mix actually started as a classroom treat for when my students shared their scary stories around a classroom”campfire”. I wanted to find an easy way for my students to have S’mores in the classroom. With 73 students rotating through my classroom, I needed quick and easy. This was the answer! Placing out bowls of the ingredients, scoopers, and snack bags. The students simply filled up their own bags and enjoyed.
For sleepovers, where there are not 73 kids, I add the melted chocolate. This is so easy and ups the ante just a bit. It is all delicious!
S’mores Snack Mix Recipe
- Graham Cereal such as Golden Grahams
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips – 1 bag
- Parchement paper
- Spread cereal on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows over cereal.
- Place half of the chocolate chips in a sealable bag and drizzle chocolate over cereal and marshmallows.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips overall.
- Let set until chocolate hardens.
- Serve immediately or store in a airtight container for 24 hours. If you need to make this ahead of time mix together only the chocolate and cereal. Add marshmallows right before serving.
This S’mores Snack mix is down-right delicious! A perfect sleepover or anytime snack.
Yes, growing up sleepovers are a right of passage. Staying up late, watching movies, eating way too many snacks, maybe a late night game of truth or dare? My #SundaySupper friends have created some amazing sleepover food ideas! Sweet and salty late night foods, kid approved dinners, breakfasts to feed a crowd. They’ve got you covered for all your sleepover needs.
Thank you to Cricket of Cricket’s Confections and and Marion of Life Tastes Good for hosting this week’s Sunday Super. Check out all of these fun and kid friendly recipes! So many wonderful treats to try.
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.