The hills are green and the days are getting longer. Yes, springtime is right around the corner and with that comes… Easter! I love celebrating Easter Sunday with a brunch. It is an easy way to gather with family and friends after Sunday services. Easy because everything is done ahead. Now that is my kind of party menu!
Evite invited me to join them in an Easter Blog Hop, and I jumped at the opportunity! Their idea was for nine creative bloggers to share with their readers an Easter party idea that costs under $35 and is inspired by one of the Easter Evites. So welcome to the readers that have hopped on over from Fizzy Party!
I took my inspiration from Evite’s Hop On Over invite.
Something about this cute little bunny surrounded with flowers and carrots got me to thinking about carrot cake! And knowing that I am planning on a brunch this year, I got to thinking about carrot cake granola, and then to carrot cake granola, and fresh pineapple, and Greek yogurt fruit parfaits. See how my mind works?
The granola is so easy to make. And as you look at the ingredients you will see that this is a pretty healthy version of granola.
Carrot Cake Granola Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded (coarsely grated carrots) – reserved
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F.
- Fully line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure the oats and puffed rice into a large bowl, set aside.
- Mix together shredded carrots and maple syrup, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, finely grated carrot, agave nectar, coconut extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until very smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients over cereal and stir until evenly coated. Spread mixture on the prepared cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove sheet from the oven, stir the nuts, reserved shredded carrots, and flaked coconut into the granola, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove granola from the oven, toss with raisins, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Let me tell you, this granola is super yummy and it makes the whole house smell delicious as it bakes in the oven. The cinnamon and nutmeg, mixed with the sweetness of the coconut and raisins – oh my! You have crunchy and chewy and a whole lot of deliciousness in every bite.
To make the yogurt parfaits you simply need to layer the fruit, I chose pineapple because I feel that it perfectly complements the carrots and pecans, with the Greek yogurt and Carrot Cake Granola. There are a number of different flavored Greek yogurts that would pair well with this granola. I chose plain because that is what I like best. But think about the possibilities – vanilla, coconut, pineapple, honey, cheesecake. So many options!
And in keeping with the spirt of easy and make ahead. The granola will be made the day before and my guest will be building their very own parfaits. I will round out the menu with my:
Now hop on over to Grey Grey Designs to see what Brittany has planned!
Here is an Easter table setting of mine from the past found at Planning an Easy Easter Dinner
How do you plan on celebrating Easter? Evite makes it easy to gather with your family and friends.
This post is in collaboration with Evite.com and their Evite Influencer Program. #EviteEasterBlogHop #Evite