Ohhh… This chili cheese corn bread is absolutely scrumptious! Cheesy, sweet, and a bit creamy. It is the perfect accompaniment for any grilled or barbecued meat. We love to have it as a side to ribs, brisket, chili, or even my most recent Mexican fiesta dinner. It is just perfect! This is a recipe that I have handed out many times to friends and family. It seems that every time I serve this to company, someone walks away with a copy of the recipe.
Now that I am posting it here – it will be even easier to share!
Chili Cheese Corn Bread Recipe
- 1/2 Pound Butter – Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Can Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Can Cream Style Corn
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I like sharp)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Prepare 9×11 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one at a time until each is well blended into butter and sugar mixture.
- Add green chilies and cream corn – mix well
- Add in shredded cheeses – mix well
- Mix in dry ingredients in batches until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Drizzle honey on top.
- Place into preheated oven. Reduce heart to 300 degrees. Bake for one hour or until golden brown and springs back lightly from touch.
So yummy! Bake up a pan of this cornbread for your next barbecue! It is simply out of this world moist and delicious!
Click here for print version of recipe: Chili Cheese Corn Bread