If you love pumpkin pie like I do, then you need to try this pumpkin cake! It is yummy with a creamy layer of pumpkin sitting under a layer of cake and topped off with a coating of chopped walnuts. Serve with or without a dollop of whipped cream. The best part of this dessert is the taste, hands down. But running a close second is the ease of preparation. You make this cake with a box of white cake mix and only seven other ingredients. I promise, whip this treat up and your guests will be raving!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spice. Mix well, and pour into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Pumpkin Cake with Walnuts
Love the chopped walnuts, but pecans are yummy, too!
One of the reasons this dessert is so easy is that you make it in a 13X9 baking dish. Creamy with a touch of crunch! YUM!