As you know, we just spent a wonderful weekend visiting friends in Paso Robles. Our friends are incredibly wonderful hosts! While we ate out most meals, Molly made us this beautiful and delicious Sunday brunch of scrambled eggs made with roasted potatoes and cheese, cinnamon french toast bake, and a fresh fruit salad. This served along with a cup of French Roast coffee sitting on their back patio overlooking the valley was divine!This pillsbury cinnamon french toast bake was new to me. I have never had this before, and it is yummy! I know my kids will love this!
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
1/8 cup butter, melted
1 (12.4 ounce) cans Pillsbury®
Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
1/4 cup milk or non-fat half & half
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans (OPTIONAL)Garnish:
Icing from cinnamon rolls
Powdered sugar (OPTIONAL)
1/2 cup maple syrup (OPTIONAL)DIRECTIONS:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour melted butter into ungreased glass pie baking dish or 8×8 glass baking dish. Separate can of dough into 8 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in baking dish. (Can make double recipe with two cans dough in 13×9 baking dish.)
- In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in milk/cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pours over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans if using.
- Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing & microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle icing over top; sprinkle with powdered sugar if using. Serve with the 1/2 cup maple syrup.
Scrambled Eggs with Roasetd Potatoes
Metal cookie sheet with small rim around it
3 lbs. small fingerling potatoes or small gold potatoes or tri-colored potatoes
¼ cup olive oil (garlic olive oil if you have it!)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Optional – add parsley flakes, rosemary.DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Wash, dry, and cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces, set aside in a large bowl.
- Mix together well in a smaller bowl: olive oil, salt, pepper, any optional items.
- Pour oil mixture over potatoes and toss until all potatoes are well coated.
- Now pour all potatoes onto baking sheet in an even layer, and place in oven. After 20 minutes, stir potatoes with spatula to keep from sticking. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!!