Swedish Style Shrimp Sandwich
- Slice Light Rye Bread
- Spread of Mayonnaise
- Large Leaf Butter Lettuce
- Sliced Hard Boiled Egg
- Handful Cooked Baby Shrimp
- Chopped Fresh Dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Simply spread mayonnaise on a slice of light rye bread. Top with butter letuce, a layer of sliced hard-boiled egg, and a handful of a baby shrimp. Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill and salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Best-Ever Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika – plus some to sprinkle on top
- Sprinkle pepper
- sprinkle garlic powder
Peel and slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolks and place in bowl. Using a fork mash up until there are no longer any clumps. Add in all remaining ingredients and mix until well blended and egg mixture is creamy.
Using a spoon carefully scoop a spoonful into egg egg white hollow. Sprinkle with paprika, serve, and enjoy!
Green Salad topped with Ham and Egg
I found this recipe this morning, and I am planning on making this for dinner tonight. This is a great way to use up my leftover ham and hard-boiled eggs. The salad looks delicious with the addition of sliced apple and topped with a creamy buttermilk dressing. I also like that this recipe comes from the Boston Globe – a great way to also mark Marathon Monday!Dinner tonight will be my California nod to all the runners of Boston today!
- 6 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, buttermilk, oil, lemon juice, honey, chives, salt, and pepper.
2. Mix well and set aside.
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs
- 1 head Boston lettuce, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 handful sweet pea shoots or other spring lettuce mix
- 1 leftover ham steak, cut into matchsticks
- 1 green apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
I plan on adding some leftover asparagus as well.
In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, pea shoots, eggs, ham, apple, and radishes. Add dressing and toss gently. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like. Place on four serving plates and top with quartered hard-boiled eggs.
Salad recipe and salad photo from Sally Pasley Vargas and The Boston Globe.